Anybody hate the film look ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Senior Member • Posts: 3,420
Anybody hate the film look ?

From time to time I hear say they like a (digital) camera, or lens, or Photoshop action, etc, which "gives them that film look" ? Well okay..... But if I ever took a shot with my DSLR that looked like film, I'd think something was wrong with my camera 😀 lol

On kind of the same lines, I've heard people say they just love that film grain. That's cool. I think it sucks ! I remember years back, I use to hear guys slam on DSLR's calling the images cold and flat because they lacked film grain, and I was thinking, "Yea, maybe that's what I like so much about digital.... None of that lame film grain. I used to say, my vision doesn't include grain.... But then I had guys who would say theirs did 😮 Well that's weird, but okay....

I used to hear people say the same kinds of things about digital music being "too clean" ....and not having the warm hiss of vinyl.

Guess I'm just okay with my photos, and my music being "too clean".

Freaking LOVE digital everything ☺️ And probably wouldn't be here if it we're not for it.

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
tex
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow