Worms are still there in C1...

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marco Cinnirella
Marco Cinnirella Veteran Member • Posts: 7,054
Worms are still there in C1...

Just wanted to blow away the myth that Capture one provides 'worm free' raw conversions. These L-shape artefacts are still there if you look for them, but are typically less evident than in Adobe conversions. Here is an example of an ISO 200 image from an X-E1. These are 100% crops from the areas I have found most typically show it - stonework, although this may be the first time I have noticed it in windows ! These are conversions from C1 with everything left at default in the raw processor.

worms in the stone of the steps

Worms in concrete

Worms in the windows !

Just wanted to point this out because folks position C1 as 'worm free' when its clearly not. You certainly get more detail from C1 conversions and lovely color, but watch out for the worms. Here's the full image for anyone interested.

Moral of the story is that there appears to be no panacea for processing Fuji raws !

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcoc/
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansel Adams.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a99 II Sony Alpha a99 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +1 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow