How to make my Sony a7r iii faster?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ninamariephoto New Member • Posts: 5
How to make my Sony a7r iii faster?

Hey guys, I have two 64gb Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I 95mbps sd cards, but I am still experiencing delays when shooting in raw.

I'll take 20-30 photos (on continuous low or single shot mode) in a span of 1-2 minutes and I can't view any of them in playback or change certain menu items on the camera settings until it clears buffering for another 30 seconds-2 minutes! This is KILLER when I'm at a wedding trying to catch the bride coming down the aisle...and I need to adjust a setting but can't or I want to quickly look and see if I caught a certain image, and I have to WAIT to do anything, making me miss critical moments! Even out on a photoshoot I find myself having to stand around waiting until I can view what we caught, and I'm always apologizing to others who want to see the shot that my camera is still processing. I'd like to not have to shoot JPGS when doing something like this.  I'm not sure if the answer is just to take less shots, I really hope not.

I will say, the A7r iii is noticeably faster than the A7r ii, but still not nearly what I had hoped for.

My question is, if I switch to Sony or Sandisks 300mbps sd cards, will this really help me? Has anyone seen a significant improvement in buffer time? That's all I'm looking for here.

Thank you so much!!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow