The Outdated A-mount to E-mount adapter issue

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ActionPhotoPassion Contributing Member • Posts: 666
Re: The Outdated A-mount to E-mount adapter issue

voronspb wrote:

havoc315 wrote:

With a new adapter, Sony would be able to say, "If you're a Sony A-mount shooter, 100% of your lenses will get full AF and full AE via the camera body, though you may need to buy the adapter with screw drive support."

Now Sony is saying: "If you're a Sony A-mount shooter, you've proven yourself slower than 99% of our customers in switching to new technology, because we've got excellent E-mount lineup which grows better and better every year. And your screw-driven lenses ARE obsolete, go sell them on Ebay. As a sign of gratitude for supporting us in past, we still offer you some adapters for transitional period".

BTW, let's discuss the switching to modern mirrorless system for present users of M-mount and 1-mount.

Since march when I rented the A7Rii I had concluded that there is NO transition possible from A to E.

I consider that what we lose by transitionning from A to E is so huge and impacting that I have concluded this: transitionning from A to E is equivalent to go E from scratch.

Actually this conclusion helped me more than anything

ActionPhotoPassion's gear list:ActionPhotoPassion's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A58 Sony a77 II Sony a99 II Sony 500mm F8 Reflex +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow