That stonking big 4K TV you bought for your photos

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Fishchris
Fishchris Senior Member • Posts: 4,691
Re: That stonking big 4K TV you bought for your photos

GodSpeaks wrote:

A couple of years ago I bought a 65" Samsung Series 8 SUHD TV. I bought it to watch movies. I do not watch broadcast TV anymore. I have yet to use it to view any of my photos, although I do use it to watch my edited 4K videos. I also have an android media box that supports 4K60P (Minix U9-H).

My photo viewing is done in large part on my desktop computer, which has a 28" 4K monitor. I find 28" is too small for 4K resolution

Hmmm. Interesting. I was on the fence 6 months ago between a 27" and a 32" 4K monitor. As it turned out, the 27" appeared sharper. I guess I could have just set farther away from my monitor, but I actually grab my 27" monitor on a fully articulating stand and pull it up pretty close for photo work.

Anyway, IMP experience, my 27" is not at all too small to take full advantage of 4K pixels.

Also I should mention, the 27" and the 32" I was comparing, were both LG's.... Even the same series, just different sizes.

, so I have plans to upgrade my monitor next year to about 40". Did I mention I also do a lot of gaming.

The rest of my photo viewing is done on my smartphone.

By the way, the Hollywood movies look fabulous on the SUHD TV.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow