Have I contributed to the death of My DSLRs?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Olsonew Junior Member • Posts: 48
Have I contributed to the death of My DSLRs?

4 Months ago without understanding the consequences of my actions I purchased an MILC. I knew what mirrorless was, and I knew the advantage. Less mechanical parts and potentially better results in some situations due too less vibration.

I was interested in an upgrade to a Power Shot G3. So the camera I saw in a store had all of the key ingredients I was looking for. Articulating screen, small size, native interchangeable lenses, ability to facilitate good photos and use my existing lenses.

I took a few test shots with my new toy then headed to China for 3 months. I took two kit lenses covering 15 to 200 mm. Spent time learning the new camera and working to get my skills back to were they were 10 years ago. I did purchase a 22 mm prime in Macao.

At the end of the time in China I was reading more online and was shocked to learn many things. DSLR is dead. FF was inferior to cropped sensors.

How do I make amends for contributing to the death of my DSLRs?

-- hide signature --

Automation leads to the need for more Automation.

Olsonew's gear list:Olsonew's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/4.0 DO IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow