The Outdated A-mount to E-mount adapter issue

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP havoc315 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,488
Re: The Outdated A-mount to E-mount adapter issue

MILC man wrote:

havoc315 wrote:

MILC man wrote:

but there is no arguing that having some degree of screw-drive af support is better than no screw-drive af support, which is what Nikon has done.

Nobody is claiming otherwise!!! IF you have screw drive lenses, then having some support is better than no support.

YOU claimed otherwise: "the support is so weak as to be meaningless. You’re better off buying a used SLT camera than adapting a screw drive lens to an e-mount camera."

I corrected myself to say "near meaningless" and I stand by that.

Yes, you're better off buying a used SLT camera than adapting your lens to e-mount. You'll get vastly superior autofocus on a SLT camera.

So yes, some support is better than no support. But the support is nearly meaningless.

Most A-mount users DO have screw drive lenses.

no, that is just more of your idle speculation, that you've done way too much of in this thread.

Not speculation at all. Go do a poll in the Sony forum. It's a fact. In fact, every single a-mount shooter who owns a Sony 85mm /1.4 lens, has a screw drive lens.

based on that, most sony owners own more sam/ssm lenses than screw-drive glass,

Please show me a single Sony a-mount owner who owns a Sony 85mm 1.4 SSM lens.

havoc315's gear list:havoc315's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a7R III Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow