Where are the Olympus cameras?....

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Dostoy Regular Member • Posts: 350
Re: A comment regarding the 2017-release Olympus body

gary0319 wrote:

Dostoy wrote:

IMO, for one of the E-M10 Mark III, it would have been good if Olympus had an option (somewhere appropriately deep in the menus, so it wouldn't get activated by accident) to put the camera into advanced mode, so experienced users could enjoy the high level of customisability that the E-M10 Mark II has.

I recently purchased an E-M10 II (still sold by Olympus) as a side kick camera to my E-M1 II. Great little cam with most all of the functionality I need, not dumbed down in any way. The good news is that you can get it for about $500 with that dandy little 14-42EZ lens.

So, if you're not one that thinks your photographic skill requires more than 16mpx to show off your stuff, buy one of these little guys and have a really fun time. Cheaper than a new lens.

Agreed! I had one a while back and sold it. Thankfully, eBay Australia has some great bargains at the moment, so I ordered a replacement E-M10 Mark II earlier today. I'll be pairing it with the Panasonic 14-42/3.5-5.6 II for a compact combination. (Not quite as compact as the 14-42 EZ, but unfortunately I couldn't get used to the electronic zoom action on that lens.)

-- hide signature --

Dostoy, from Oz
(Oz = Australia)

Dostoy's gear list:Dostoy's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Fujifilm X100F Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow