I need some guidance...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
phernandez Regular Member • Posts: 193
I need some guidance...

SHey Guys,

As of lately I’ve been having a really hard time on making up my mind on what should I get.

A little context.

I’ve always been a fan of compact cameras with great IQ’s, film and digital. I mostly shoot streets but non portaits, more scenery, walls, streetlife, cars, architecture (details of architecture) and some product photography (office furniture). My style is very close to snapshooting anything that catches my eye, maybe it’s the reason why I’ve had such a great relationship with my iPhone. So earlier this year I got a Ricoh GR, it’s been great but I’ve had some metering/exposure and WB issues. I do not enjoy PP my photos, I want a camera that spits out great jpegs that require minimal tweaking.

So I’m strongly considering Fujifilm since Leica is out of budget. I’ve always felt extremely comfortable with 28 - 35mm, but in January I’ll be welcoming my first Daughter and I believe my photography will include her as well.

So here’s the dilemma.

Fujifilm X100F. Great size and weight, fantastic 35mm eq. Lens. Overall a great versatile camera.

Fujifilm XE-3 or XT-2 + 23mm F2 or F1.4 and look into the posibility of owning a couple lenses for how my photography evolves. Size/Weight is a concern for moving around and traveling.

What would you consider are the true advantages of owning a couple lenses, maybe 23mm F1.4/ 18mm F2 + 35mm F1.4?

What would you guys recommend? Versatility and Simplicity are key, I’m not really concerned about IQ since I’ve heard wonders about Fuji Bodies and XF Prime lenses, I Know it will be a lot better than my GR.

Thanks and sorry for the long post!

phernandez's gear list:phernandez's gear list
Ricoh GR II Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Apple iPhone XS Apple iPad Pro
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow