iCloud Photo Library question

Started Sep 20, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
P Harg Forum Member • Posts: 86
iCloud Photo Library question

Hi

I have asked this question on the Apple communities board but not got an answer and I am hoping someone here could help.

1. Say on my Macbook I have 10,000 photos stored on the hard drive and all are in my one and only Photos library.  I currently don't have iCloud Photo library switched on and I have  no photos in iCloud.

I then switch on iCloud Photo library for the first time on my Macbook and, at the same time,  in Photos Preferences I choose to 'Downloads originals to this Mac'.

At that point I already have 10,000 original photo files on my Macbook, along with all the edits I have made plus keywords etc.

When they are uploaded to iCloud Photo Library, I assume all 10,000 photos and keywords and edits will upload to iCloud.

As I have chosen the option to 'Download originals to this Mac' will all 10,000 get downloaded to my Macbook? Or, is the software clever enough to realise that I already have them and so doesn't attempt to download them?

Many thanks.

-- hide signature --

Peter

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow