The Outdated A-mount to E-mount adapter issue

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
voronspb Regular Member • Posts: 495
Re: The Outdated A-mount to E-mount adapter issue

havoc315 wrote:

Here, I discuss why Sony should update their adapters:

https://enthusiastphotoblog.com/2018/09/18/sony-lens-adapter-issues/

Great article (as usual; I'm a subscriber of your site, do you have a donate link BTW?), but you forget about one thing: the manufacturer is not your friend. The primary task of Sony is not making you happy, but earning money from you and/or other people.

So I see a perfect sense for Sony in leaving the things as they are now:

1. There's a good adapter for motorized A-mount glass - check.
  2. There's not so good, but working adapter for screw-driven glass - check.
  3. Nobody else offer an adapter for screw-driven glass - check.
  4. The sales of modern E-mount lenses and A-mount bodies are not cannibalized - check-check.

Yes, you're right, the users of A-mount system are less lucky than those who're invested into F-mount, because there's a higher chance that they own the screw-driven lenses. On the other hand, they still can auto-focus, while their Nikon fellows (which are fewer in relative numbers, of course) can not. BTW, in absolute numbers, the screw-driven Nikon lenses may be in absolute majority over A-mount counterparts, don't they?

I don't think that Sony really cares about their comfort in 2018. Now all efforts are directed to E-mount, and making v.2 adapter would simply draw resources with no positive financial outcome.

-- hide signature --

Vladimir Gorbunov
«What's the size of your mount, is it wide enough?»

voronspb's gear list:voronspb's gear list
Sony a7 III Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow