What I really want: the G90

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Øyvin Eikeland Regular Member • Posts: 172
What I really want: the G90

Hi,

I don't know about you but what I am looking for is the next incarnation of the "normal" G series from Panasonic. I have the G6 and the G7. So far I have skipped the G85 because I really want to try out the new 20mpix sensor. Especially after reading posts like this:

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2018/09/that-addictive-little-sensor.html

What I want that the G7 lacks:

Ibis (I have the 12, 17 and 45 primes from Olympus)

Dual IS

New shutter (no shutter shock)

20MPIX sensor (IMX 269)

4k photo mode with full frame width

Some kind of slomo movie mode (240fps?)

Why I do not want the G9 or GH5: Too big and too expensive.

Why I do not want the GX9: I am really sensitive to sequential lcd color tearing

Looking at the bright side: I am saving money and I am not at all unhappy with the G7.

Regards,

Øyvin E

Øyvin Eikeland's gear list:Øyvin Eikeland's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W300 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +6 more
Panasonic G85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow