The Outdated A-mount to E-mount adapter issue

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP havoc315 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,488
Re: The Outdated A-mount to E-mount adapter issue

MILC man wrote:

havoc315 wrote:

MILC man wrote:

I want to adapt my f-mount/a-mount 85/1.4 that I bought in 2012 for use on my d810/A99.

Now I want to use that lens on my new Z7/A7r3, but I want AF performance at least as good as my old camera.

Which system allows me to do that?

Why did you refuse to answer this very basic question?

Why do you STILL refuse to answer this question??

I want to adapt thousands of legacy primes to my new Z7/A7r3, with af.

I want to adapt Nikon af-d screw-drive lenses to my new Z7/A7r3, with af.

which system allows me to do that?

Actually, I've answered that a thousand times!!! Screw drive lenses for Nikon are MF only when adapted. I said that in my post, and said it multiple times in this thread.

But there are no screw drive lenses in the Nikon catalog that don't have a motorized equivalent. There are plenty of a-mount screw drive lenses without a motorized equivalent.

Meanwhile, now you ignore the critical question:

Why did you refuse to answer this very basic question?

Beyond what, WHO CARES WHAT NIKON IS DOING. Yes, I cited it -- because I find it ironic that Nikon AND CANON (you keep ignoring Canon) are doing a better job supporting their transitioning dSLR users than Sony is doing.

Now go ahead and debate.... claim that Nikon is doing a worse job than Sony. But that isn't the POINT. You want to claim Nikon sucks even worse than Sony..... I don't CARE!

Here is the point, is the LAEA4 the best possible technology to give transitioning users the best possible experience?

havoc315's gear list:havoc315's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a7R III Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow