Ever have a run-in with...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
IAMAI
IAMAI Senior Member • Posts: 1,516
Ever have a run-in with...

Stinging Nettle ?

Never have before but now I know this is one plant to never come in contact with. Nettle is a common plant of various types but this one is extremely nasty. Had my first contact this morning and still have the feeling of getting stuck with a bunch of needles or small bee stings on my hands.

This weed came up in the middle of a bedding Dahlia and I was waiting to see if it would amount to anything. Decided this morning to just pull it. So with bare hands I gave it a pull and found it was starting to spread by underground roots. And then I felt the bites or stings from something and immediately dropped it, thinking there must have been a bee or hornet on it that I didn't see. Then more stinging in more places with nothing in or on,  my hands. What? Quick, go wash it off, cold water felt good but didn't help. Tried soap and cool water, no help.

Still feels like pins and needles in my hands 8 hours later.

In 68 years I've never run into this plant and hope I never will again.

this thin stem is the cause of all the discomfort.

Nasty, just NASTY !!!

Used hypodermic needles and one still clinging on the stem

IAMAI's gear list:IAMAI's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic FZ2500 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow