M43 with 3ish primes vs FF with 1 lens for travel?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Och Elo Regular Member • Posts: 199
M43 with 3ish primes vs FF with 1 lens for travel?

I really only take dedicated cameras for travel now, just snaps around the house with friends/family I do with my phone. I have a Leica Q which is great, but I do sometimes wish for a tad more focal length versatility.

I am contemplating an M43 body with something like the Oly 12mm f/2, Panny 25mm f/1.7, Oly 75mm 1.8.  Small, light, pretty affordable.

OR

A FF with the typical 24-105ish f/4 zoom.  D750 with 24-120 being an example.  My opinion being the the overall volume (And thus size of bag I'd need to carry) would be pretty similar.  the f/2ish primes in the M43 system end up being around f/4 in FF terms, so would be roughly similar DOF, low light capabilities, without having to change lenses.  Obvious benefit to M43 would be if I decided I am ok with just 1 or 2 lenses, it would be even smaller.  For example, I could take my Leica Q and an M43 with the 75mm attached and still keep my overall kit small.

As for an APS-C kit, they get a bit too large/pricey overall imo for what I'm looking for.

What would you guys personally prefer?

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow