Godox - 2 Fuji Cameras, 1 OCF

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Doug MacMillan Senior Member • Posts: 2,336
Godox - 2 Fuji Cameras, 1 OCF

I know you probably know this, but I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this was to set up.

I have 2 Godox TT685F flashes and an XProF transmitter. I've got a wedding I'm doing as a favor for some old friends this weekend.  His son and his fiancé will marry in a gazebo in their back yard and it is dark underneath.  I did a test with one of the flashes mounted in the ceiling of the gazebo and it really made a difference.

I just bought an X-E2 as a second body to my X-E3 and plan to shoot with both.  I thought about getting another trigger, then I remembered the 685 can act as a trigger as well.  I tested it last night and it was super easy to setup and worked like a champ. Now I can shoot the ceremony with 2 bodies and 2 lenses.

I shot a couple of hundred weddings when I was a full time pro back in the film days.  I would have loved to have had a system so easy and affordable as my Godox equipment.  In the old days, I had to use a PC cord and optical triggers for multi lighting.

Doug MacMillan's gear list:Doug MacMillan's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +7 more
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow