Just a quick hello from the western wilderness

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Birddogman
Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,011
Just a quick hello from the western wilderness

Been pretty much out of all communications for the past couple weeks camping/hunting miles from anywhere on the high plains.  Will be out here for another month or so.  Chase has been enjoying being a camp dog.  Joy has been averaging over 30 miles a day in rough terrain with lots of elevation.  I've been averaging about half that per day.

I've been giving both the RX100V and the RX1r II a good daily workout and processing the pics each night while enjoying cooking up and eating the day's kill and an adult beverage by the fire.  The RX1r II, rather surprising has been producing the most keepers even with the short 35mm lens in such big country.

Have momentary access to the internet in a tiny and remote town's library, so I can pay bills, and check on things at work; so I thought I'd do a quick hello to everyone here and post just a  few pics.

Joy at work under wild Montana skies:

The Chaser looking out the MH door:

Sharptail grouse with trusty 20 gauge - delicious!!

Church:

Joy doing her job:

More later, if and when the dogs and I find some semblance of civilization again.

Best!

Greg, Chase and Joy

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Sony RX1R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow