Choosing the best exposure while bracketing.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FafBill
FafBill New Member • Posts: 22
Choosing the best exposure while bracketing.

I used a film camera 40 years ago, but I have decided to go with the flow. I bought a Canon DSLR. So far, I have not had any of my photos printed. I am thinking of doing it myself.

To compensation for my ignorance of digital photography, I am bracketing my shots. Bracketing is a way to compensate for my ignorance. It allows me to take 3 shots of the same object at once. The shots are taken with the same aperture but at different shutter speeds. This gives me 3 shots. Usually dark, medium, and light. If I was printing I would pick the best of these exposures.

Bracketing generated a question for someone more knowledgable that myself (which isn't hard.).

Suppose my middle shot was the best. What should I do, if I mistakenly deleted that shot. I repeat that I don't know that much  about digital photography.  I know I can work with the two remaining shots, the dark and the light, but which one should I choose. They seem about equal to me but would one be better than the other.

-- hide signature --

FAFBill

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow