E-M1 II card slots

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Martin.au
Martin.au Forum Pro • Posts: 13,230
E-M1 II card slots

I thought that the E-M1 II had one fast slot, and a second slower, lower slot.

Assuming that the lower slot wouldn't benefit from a card faster than the traditional 600x, 95MB/s, U1 cards I just put one of them in the lower slot, and a 280MB/s, U2 card in the upper slot.

I recently picked up a new 95MB/s card, and was curious if it offered any improvement. In the lower slot, both my 95MB/s cards took around 35 seconds to offload 50 LN jpegs. Meanwhile, the upper slot took around 17 seconds to offload 50 raw images.

On a whim, I switched the 280MB/s card to the lower slot. This card was able to offload 50 LN jpegs in 17 seconds. I didn't bother testing it with raws.

So, my question is, does anyone know just how fast the lower slot on the E-M1 II is? It seems a lot faster than a 95MB/S card.

Kinda sucks in one way, as 280MB/s cards aren't cheap, but if it can clear the buffer twice as fast I reckon I'll be buying a second fast card.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow