Lightroom Classic Lens Profile Default not Working

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KiwiTux
KiwiTux Regular Member • Posts: 115
Lightroom Classic Lens Profile Default not Working

Hi,

I want to have lens profiles automatically applied to RAW images in Lightroom Classic. So I had a very helpful user here help me out with this a couple years ago with LR6, so I'm not completely clueless about how it works.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3904910#forum-post-56522334

So I tick the "Enable Lens Corrections" box to enable, then I save this as a global default (Develop > Set Develop Settings). The "Setup" field underneath changes to "Auto". I Imported a new image, and this part works correctly, although says "Unable to load lens profile" with new images.

Thanks ok though, because I know I need to now set a default profile for the lens, to override the auto function. So I choose the Make/Model/Profile from the drop downs (which changes Setup to "Custom"). Then in the same "setup" drop down I choose "Save new lens profile defaults".

When I then import a new RAW to test, "enable lens corrections" is ticked and "default" is showing in the setup field (which are correct), but I get "None" for the 3 lens dropdowns, and the same message: "Unable to load lens profile".

Interestingly, if I untick "Enable Lens Corrections" then re-tick it, it assigns the correct default profile.

I've tried resetting all settings to adobe defaults, uninstalling the app and deleting preferences and reinstalling, and using new catalogs. I've tried using older bodies (like my Canon 1DSM2 that this process worked with in the above link), as well as different lenses and profiles (there are v2 profiles for some lenses now, tried both).

Has this process changed in v7/Classic? I'm using the latest MacOS 10.13.6 and Lightroom Classic 7.5 (ACR 10.5).

I tried Adobe's forum, but I can't get a browser to load their forums (tried Safari. Chrome, and Firefox and in private/incognito modes and always get a "too many redirects" error). Just want to move on!

Cheers,

Sean

KiwiTux's gear list:KiwiTux's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow