SDq with art zooms or a trio of dpQs

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Benny2891 New Member • Posts: 12
SDq with art zooms or a trio of dpQs

Hi All,

I’ve been lurking here for a bit, and could use a little insight from the Sigma hive-mind.

A little background: I’m an experienced photog (back in the 90’s I shot profressionally with a 4x5 — shot chromes for publication).  I’m getting back into it with some seriousness, possibly going semi-pro for jobs that interest me, but mostly shoot for me.

I currently have a Fujifilm x-e2s with the 18-55 f2.8 - 4 and a handful of vintage glass that I’ll use when the mood suits me.

Overall, I’m happy with the results I’m getting with the Fuji, aside from the desire to print bigger I will sometimes exhibit ‘Fine Art’ prints, and would like to go up to 40” long on occasion.  The 16mp sensor on the Fuji just isn’t up to the task, it would seem.  I’m keeping it around as it suits my needs as a casual shooter very well.

I’ve given myself an eventual budget of no more than $2500 to upgrade my large print capability.

I think I’d like to try a Quattro and see if it will suit my needs.  I’m comfortable with the constraints and comprimises that are involved with these cameras.

I’m trying to decide between going for a series of DPQs, or getting a SDq with the 18-35 and 50-100.  If I purchase some used, refurbished or sale items, the SDQ outfit comes in about $400 less than a DP1 , 2, 3, the 1.2x teleconverter, and and LVF-01 viewfinder.

Because large prints are the reason for investigating this, optical quality is pretty important.  I’m not worried about the size of the systems, since I’ll be dragging tripods, light stands and other gear to most of my shoots.  I’ll have the Fuji if I want something little to take with me.

Does anyone here have any experience with the 18-35 and 50-100 optics in comparison to the DP lenses (particularly the DP3)?  I welcome any insights you all may offer.

Benny2891's gear list:Benny2891's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2S Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Fujifilm X-E2S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow