That stonking big 4K TV you bought for your photos

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
trungtran Contributing Member • Posts: 874
Re: That stonking big 4K TV you bought for your photos

Mackiesback wrote:

I actually just bought a 4K 55" TV for $375 last week, mostly because they are so cheap and I wanted a smart TV so I could work towards cutting the cable bill.

I have thought about looking at images on it, but have no idea how to go about it. It is in a room nowhere near a computer. Du people just put it on a USB thumb drive? If so how do you navigate? Hook up their laptops through an HDMI port? Interested in hearing how people view images on these things.

If you have a smartphone, you can start with that. It is really a different experience looking at photos on the big screen.

Your smart TV and phone should have a casting feature. Turn that on and whatever you see on your phone you can mimic on the big screen.

If you have a chromecast or the TV is chromecast enabled you can cast your desktop/laptop.

You will need to setup it up, but once done it is simple as clicking on the cast button in the chrome browser.

trungtran's gear list:trungtran's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony a7 II Canon EOS M6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow