Dusk, Night, & pre-Dawn: Scenes at Disney Springs (18-135mm)

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 30,114
Dusk, Night, & pre-Dawn: Scenes at Disney Springs (18-135mm)

On my trip earlier this month to Disney World, it was really too hot and humid to bother bringing lots of gear - so I was running a stripped-down operation with just my A6300, 18-135mm lens, and Sigma 16mm F1.4 lens.  I didn't bring a tripod, so most of my scenic night and dusk shots would be handheld, using either MFNR ISO mode or HDR mode to gain the stacking benefits.

I was staying in a 1-bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs, which sits right across from the Disney Springs shopping and entertainment district - and my room was a 3rd floor on the lake overlooking the Springs.  For my first thread, I wanted to share some low-key, dusk, night, and early morning scenics and landscapes taken around the Disney Springs area - some taken from a boat passing by at dusk, some in early evening while walking around the Springs, and some taken late night and early AM from my balcony.

For the following shots, I was using just the 18-135mm lens - serving as my kit and walkaround all-purpose lens most of the time.  All shots posted at 1400 pixels on the long side if you click the originals:

Starting with a boat ride back from Port Orleans resort, I saw the Flights of Fantasy balloon rising up from Disney Springs over the golf course at dusk and took a snap

Later on that same boat ride, the balloon had come to rest on its dock - with the Edison restaurant at left, Maria and Enzo's restaurant at center, and the Planet Hollywood Observatory behind the balloon

The next restaurant in line on the boat ride is the Boathouse - which has a great collection of rare boats at its docks, with tables set out right on the docks themselves to dine and drink

The Boathouse restaurant also has one of the largest collections of working Amphicars in the world, and you can hire one for a ride down the ramp into the water and cruising around the lake - our transportation boat passed this one in the evening out for a night lap of the lake

I'm not a morning person - but every rare once in a while, I wake early.  I had a late night before, and woke around 6:30am - I intended to go right back to bed, but noticed the early AM view out my window and decided to grab the camera for some shots of the still lake and quiet Springs - ISO6,400 using HDR +4

The view from my balcony was quite panoramic, overlooking the whole Disney Springs lakefront.  The first shot was the Paddlefish restaurant and Marketplace - looking to the right, this was my view of the Boathouse restaurant (ISO 6,400 and HDR +4)

A tighter view of the Boathouse restaurant before sunrise (ISO 6,400 and HDR +4)

Later in the evening on the same day, I took a bus back from a theme park to Disney Springs to grab dinner and walkaround, before walking back to my villa.  This is the covered mall building (ISO 2,500)

The Coca Cola building at blue hour - it's a retail store with all Coke-related merchandise, and a rooftop bar (HDR +3, ISO 1,000)

A nighttime, blue-hour look over the spring that gives Disney Springs its name - Art Smith's Homecoming restaurant is on the left, and DeLuxe Burger on the right (MFNR, ISO 3,200)

Iron Chef Morimoto's restaurant at blue hour, across the spring (MFNR, ISO 3,200)

The bridge connecting Disney Springs to Marketplace at night, as I head home to my villa - the Rainforest Cafe standing in the distance behind the bridge (MFNR, ISO 3,200)

Comments, questions, or critique welcomed as always!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +22 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow