WA lense

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bibop83
bibop83 Regular Member • Posts: 193
WA lense

Hey there !

I'm looking for a wide lense (24mm or bellow) for my a7II.

I'm not a pro so extreme sharpness corner to corner doesn't matter. I so far have the samyang 35mm f2.8. and I'm really satisfied with the pictures quality I get. I would like something similar or better. 35mm is often too limiting in the mountains as I'm often close to my subject and I want to include landscape behind them.

I first thought about the 24mm f2.8 AF but seeing the reviews I'm not sure I'll enjoy it as much as my 35mm.

What are my alternative ? I need something light and relatively small as I usethe camera for alpine photo including icefall climbing and long alpine.

Budget is around 600€ I don't mind the zoom and buying used. As my subject are in movement and I myself often need my other hand, I will need AF.

I thought about the 24-70 that looks light and small but it got mixed reviews. However it is versatile and can be used for travel and I get the 24mm end. Maybe for 150€ I should go for the 28-70 but I loose the 24mm that is quite important. Same with tamron 28-75

I know loxia 21mm Isa must but way out of price range and MF. Same for Batis 18mm & 25mm.

Toxina 20mm AF or Sony 16-35 would be the best but too expensive to.

What would you do ?

Thanks,

Théo

bibop83's gear list:bibop83's gear list
Sony a6000 Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS
Sony a7 Zeiss Batis 18mm F2.8 Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow