A simple, cheap, used m4/3 for my mom? :)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pablo_mondragon
pablo_mondragon New Member • Posts: 4
A simple, cheap, used m4/3 for my mom? :)

Hello, this is my first post so I feel that I should introduce myself. My name is Pablo and I'm a Film & Digital Media college student in Texas.

My mom's birthday is coming up, and we want to buy her a small mirrorless camera for photos. She's tired of her phone's camera and wants something dedicated for photography (purely amateur). Because of our budget, we will have to buy something used.

She does have some experience with film SLRs, but she doesn't need anything too fancy, she'd probably spend most of her time in A/S priority modes. I own a Lumix GX9 and she absolutely fell in love with it, but it is way too expensive, though we're looking for something with the same small form-factor. And if the budget allows, something with wifi so she can send the photos straight to her phone, although not required. As long as it's reliable, has basic manual features, and has a m4/3 mount, it'll work. I should also mention that she will shoot jpeg 100% of the time.

Out of all the lenses I have, she loves my Panasonic f/1.7 25mm so that will likely be the lens we get along with it. Especially since it's so cheap at $140, and a great beginner lens.

The budget is around $350 including the lens, so ~$200 for the body itself.

I was looking on KEH and I saw the G1 and GX2 in "excellent" condition, but they're so outdated that I'd be afraid to leave something unreliable in my mom's hands, given that she's somewhat of a beginner.

Obviously used listings change every day, but I'd really appreciate suggestions on any models that I should look for.

Thank you!

pablo_mondragon's gear list:pablo_mondragon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow