Sold the last of my Canon gear, so happy I pulled the band aid off.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OMFGITSNIKO Regular Member • Posts: 173
Sold the last of my Canon gear, so happy I pulled the band aid off.

I've been using fuji/canon for three years now, keeping my L glass and a 5D mk IV for landscapes and low-light walk-around shooting. I wanted the "canon colors", better detail and the benefit of FF+primes for flash-less street photography.

I sold off the last of my gear in August and switched over to the equivalent focal lengths, fully committing to the system. Since then, I've been forced to use the Fuji system in situations where I would take the canon gear only. Afterr getting better at editing the photos in Lightroom, I'm impressed and happy with the images I can produce with a much smaller and cheaper system. I don't feel like I've sacrificed much, as the weight trade off alone is worth the higher noise and less background blur.

I got the xt20 for the pop-up flash when needed. I should have gotten the XT2 (at the time). Eventually I'll upgrade to the "flagship" camera (XT_) when I upgrade in a while.

OMFGITSNIKO's gear list:OMFGITSNIKO's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM +6 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow