Nikon D90. Upgrade or keep

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ayrshiredude New Member • Posts: 1
Nikon D90. Upgrade or keep

Hi Guys,

I currently have a Nikon D90 which I have had for quite some time now.  I have a Nikon 50mm 1.4G lens and a Sigma 18-200 F3.6-6.3 (quite an old one with no Image stablisation.  I haven't really been using it that much, particularily as I find it bulky and quite heavy.

I went and bought a Lumix LX100 however I hated the small viewfinder and on reading up on it the image sensor is much smaller so prone to inferior image quality.  SO it went back.  I like to viewfinder on the D90, its large, bright and easy to see without having to dig the glasses out to read info on the screen.

I mostly use the camera for a mixture of Scenery and holiday type photos so not sure how to proceed.  Do I keep my D90 and perhaps change the lens to a newer 18-200 or 18-300 lens and put up with the bulk?  I never use the 50mm lens so am looking at probably selling it.  Or are there smaller, lighter cameras that I can get similar focal lengths from that would afford me similar, or better, image quality?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nikon D90 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow