Should I take 300W or 400W strobe set??

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
Tdoan
Tdoan Regular Member • Posts: 480
Re: Perspective distortion in portraits

Fwiler1 wrote:

And he's still not 15' back! Plus you may not have listened to the advantages of shooting close, or even more important the lens choice.

Actually, I did.

And last- he says he prefers shooting close!

It's obvious, isn't it, if you look at his profile pic on Facebook?!?

Again, the point is that he acknowledged it and chose it regardless. That's a bit different than saying there's no distortion. Knowing that it exists and accepting or even embracing it, this is an artistic/client choice. You could say knowledge is what separates an artist from a hack.

btw, if that model has +20lbs and +20 years on her, I will venture that she won't be happy with his choice.

At any rate, I'll desist from furthering the hijacking of this thread. The OP asked for opinion on lights, not room size or lens.

-- hide signature --

Tien
====
Please tell me what I can do better or differently. If you are right, I will be grateful as you have taught me something. If I happen to disagree with you, I will still be thankful as you have shown me a different viewpoint, an alternative method.

Tdoan's gear list:Tdoan's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Nikon D7200 Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow