Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
roby17269
roby17269 Senior Member • Posts: 1,551
Re: Sony A7rii versus GFX

Rick Knepper wrote:

Querelle wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

Querelle wrote:

when you step outside of the challenge free landscape and girl in the studio photography world or when you are a creative and not a pixel nerd it become much more difficult to justify a mf camera even when money is not the problem.

This is phrased a little bit on the insulting side. This camera targets specific styles, certainly a wider array than you suggest. If one does not participate in one of those styles, don't buy. That goes without saying yeah?

In my view the main issue with fuji and MF in general is the lack of needed or interesting lenses. fuji seems to think there is no demand for anything between 64 and 110mm so this wide gap will not be closed in the near future but when you shoot people on location this is a real problem and one which holds me back from buying a gfx. when you combine the slow lenses ( not for bokeh but for af and evf performance reasons - think of studio modeling lights ) and the missing IBIS things turn even more against MF.

The 64 = 50mm FF equiv approx.

110 = 85mm FF equiv approx.

In the FF world, not much exists between these FLs except for zooms. Rumor has it, there will be both a wider and a longer zoom than the 32-64 at some point.

no this is not even slightly insulting as it is a matter of fact that all modern systems perform well with enough light or stopped down so there is absolut no challenge for camera tech in this situations and why should a camera with just a little larger sensor than FF be limited to certain subjects ?

Then what was your point with this: when you step outside of the challenge free landscape and girl in the studio photography world or when you are a creative and not a pixel nerd it become much more difficult to justify a mf camera even when money is not the problem.

You don't think it is insulting to call landscape and studio photography challenge free or to call people who use MF pixel nerds?

I do fashion photography with MF and I do feel patronized by that paragraph

-- hide signature --

Ciao!
Roberto
My photos: http://rdmfashionphoto.com/

roby17269's gear list:roby17269's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
(unknown member)
MOD JimKasson
(unknown member)
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
(unknown member)
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
(unknown member)
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD JimKasson
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow