New M50 focus issue

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rockin_Robin Regular Member • Posts: 257
New M50 focus issue

Just trying out a few "get to know the camera" shots and noticed that the focus appears to be off.  Obviously noticeable when shooting fully open.  Here's a screenshot taken from Canon's DPP s/w.  It's only a screenshot so is low res but the thumbnail bottom left corner shows to single AF point (set to small focus box) covering the two droplets.  In the 100% area to the right you can see that the single droplet about 1cm further away is clearly the actual focus point.

Never noticed this with the 18-150 lens mounted on my original M body but I accept there's a world of difference between the two body's focussing capabilities.

Thoughts? Do I need to return it given the M50 does not have AF micro adjustment.

Rockin_Robin's gear list:Rockin_Robin's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS M10 Canon EOS M50 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +4 more
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow