Need Some Full-Frame Lens Advice for Indoor Green Screen

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John Graves
John Graves Junior Member • Posts: 37
Need Some Full-Frame Lens Advice for Indoor Green Screen

Hey Folks,

I need some lens advice for Green Screen photograpy: I'll be using a Nikon D850 for full-body shots in a studio shooting from a tripod. I typically shoot from about 20-25 feet away to minimize distortion using a cheapo 35mm1.8G on a Nikon D7200 for the past few years. It was simple and worked. However, I've been tasked with putting out some higher-resolution PNGs. APS-C isn't going to cut it.

So...now I'm going to be using my full-frame (FX) to do the job and am struggling a bit with the lens selection. The 35mm choices for Nikon FX cameras is a bad. The only real choice is the 35mm1.4 because the 35mm1.8 for FX isn't a very strong lens. The 50mm selections aren't that strong either. Typically I'm shooting around F4.

I'm pondering a Nikkor 35mm1.4, Nikkor 24-70mmVR, or a Nikkor 16-35mmVR. Any advice on the best choice on full-frame for this task? I'd love to use the 85mm but for full-body shots that's not going to be idea for in a studio unless I had a lot more space. Right now I've got about 30-feet of shooting space between me and subjects considering they have to stand about 5-8 feet from the green screen. Distance is a challenge.

Thank in advance for any advice.

JG

John Graves's gear list:John Graves's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon D850
Nikon D7200 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow