Affordable *tall* travel monopod

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Azimuth Jones
Azimuth Jones Regular Member • Posts: 190
Affordable *tall* travel monopod

I live in NYC I find lately I'm doing a lot more low-light shoot-and-move photographs (no video) on the street and at indoor events. I'm looking for an affordable monopod that  can go up to 70-75 inches (178-191cm), not counting head. I'm shooting mirrorless with wide-angle to normal lenses, so nothing very heavy.

There seems to be a wide variance in products and prices, ranging from the Benro MAD49A Adventure Series 4 ($65) and Ikan MPA70 ($50), to numerous aluminum and carbon fiber monopods in the $165 range from Benro and Manfrotto. (I'm not considering anything more expensive.) Also, I see that Three Legged Thing has a new 80"(!) monopod for $80, but I know nothing about it or its quality.

I've owned Manfrotto tripods so I was looking at their monopods, but the more affordable ones (like the MPMXPROA3US) only go up to 63". And the reviews of the Sirui P-326 carbon fiber monopod are great, but it only goes up to 61".

Can anyone recommend a quality sub-$100 monopod that goes up to 70-75"? Otherwise, what should I look at that's under $170?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow