G9 6K Photo

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vicsin Regular Member • Posts: 150
G9 6K Photo

Got a G9 about 4 months ago and have taken a few thousand shots, some good some not. Must say hit rate especially with the 100-400 is not what I'm used to, but it's improving even tho sometimes I'm baffled by 20 or 30 pics in a row out of focus, then 20 or 30 fine.

My question is about 6K photo. I've probably shot 15 or 20 videos with it and looked at hundreds of stills with maybe 1 per cent in focus. 99% terribly out of focus. Is it a gimmick or am I doing something dramatically wrong? I think I know the mechanics of how to use it. Put it on 6K and choose a mode

Usually shooting in shutter priority, 1000-1300 speed with back button focus. Stops the wings fine in normal photo mode but when using 6K they're so out of focus you can't tell if wings are frozen. Can I use shutter priority in 6K or should I use something else? Can I even set my shutter speed or does it have one it wants to use?

Taking pictures of humming birds around some feeders in our back yard with the 100-400 and 50-200 lens. Any comments would be very welcome.

One more thing, can anyone press the shutter half way down to focus with this camera?  Is it possible?  I haven't seen the green dot once when trying to use the shutter to focus.  It just fires, ridiculously sensitive.

Safe to say the Lumix G9 hasn't thrilled me as of yet.  Thank you.

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow