Grey Market seller in the UK - a cautionary tale

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
day_pass Regular Member • Posts: 139
Grey Market seller in the UK - a cautionary tale

Hello

I am returning to dpreview forums, briefly, to report an issue I have had with e-infinity in the UK. They are popular sellers of heavily discounted grey market imports.  They are based in HK.

I hope this will be of value to my UK photographer colleagues looking to purchase from them

I am NOT saying 'don't use them' - far from it - they are, currently the cheapest in the UK and I will continue to buy from them but you 'get what you pay for'

I am not going to enter into any discussion on my post.

Here is a transcript of my recent posting on a UK review site:

Warning - warranty repair issue.

e-infinity are great box-shifters but if something does wrong then caveat emptor....... have a look at other people's experience as well. Since there are only a small % of camera/ lens that fail in the first year then the reviews here mirror that in the small % of bad reviews on this site.

The quality of the customer service is determined by how the seller deals with issues not how good they are in flogging stuff.

I have bought about 6 lenses and a d500 body from e- infinity in the last few years and was very happy with price and delivery of these grey market items until ......

Bought a Panasonic 100-400 in May this year. It had a manufacturing fault which showed up in a week or so - weak bayonet flange mount. E-infinity suggested that I get it repaired myself and they would refund ( which I guess is the way they normally work ) or I could send it to them and it would take 3-8 weeks. I chose the latter option since I was going away for a month just at that time.

The lens was not repaired - they kept fobbing me off and gave no information about why a simple lens mounting ring swap should be taking so long.

After 3 months I gave up and invoked a Paypal case which I subsequently escalated and got my money back.

I might still buy from them but just ignore their 'warranty'

If you deal with them for returns make sure you keep a full paper trail - tracked delivery etc etc. which Paypal ( who are brilliant ) need.

suggest that you check out Paypal t&c in terms of time within which to raise a case and what is and isn't covered. Obviously this is an HK company and, probably, not covered under UK /EU law

Nikon D500 Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow