Please help me choose a starting camera

Started Sep 16, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jen_9 Junior Member • Posts: 26
Please help me choose a starting camera

Greetings everyone,

New here & to cameras overall. I’m planning to buy my first camera and I’m beyond excited for all the things I’ll learn.

However, I’ve been a bit overwhelmed with the amount of guides/reviews I’ve been reading-this website included-about best matching camera for me. Every time I decide on one, i read something that throws me off.

My first experience was with Canon 5D Mark II, which I borrowed from a friend for travel photography in my last trip and since then I’m hooked on photography. I love it so much. That being said, it was too heavy and big.

My friend recommended Sony a6300, but then I read it has overheating problems & tendency to shutdown.

I’m mainly interested in light weight camera to use in my travels (nature & cities). Moreover, I want to use these photos in a blog. With ability to use during rain.  I’m not a fan of frequent upgrades, therefore I would like one where I’ll make use of for several years. Something that is not a fixed lens. I have a budget around $1500.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow