Packaging is a Six-Sided affair

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Filmdoc New Member • Posts: 9
Packaging is a Six-Sided affair

I will NEVER understand the reasoning of photographic retailer's shipping departments NOT to put packing over, under and around all four sides of a shipping carton.  One of my associates recently received a Nikon 14-24 with one piece of bubble pack over the lens and no other padding at all anywhere in the box. The outer box was mauled and the Nikon carton and lens were badly damaged.  I saw it myself. It was ugly. Are retailers being frugal with bubble pack?  Do they like wasting time and effort with return and re-forwarding costs, insurance claims and ticked-off customers? Are shipping managers properly trained? Maybe they should pack things like they were buying them for themselves.  I cannot see any retailer's bottom line being affected by spending a few more cents on packing materials and training for the packers. I would like to see some retailers respond to this post.   There really is no excuse for this. Enough is enough!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow