To Fuji or not to Fuji, that is the question

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
borodino1812 New Member • Posts: 3
To Fuji or not to Fuji, that is the question

We've been looking for a new camera since our family got a new member.

From before we got an old Nikon D40, which is mostly used with a 35/1.8 af-s lens,  and a Ricoh GR that I mostly use for street photography in black and white.

She wants a camera with good jpegs and instant upload to family and friends,  ideally also something that can be used for hiking.  Neither of our cameras really meet those demands. She ideally wants to shoot in auto.

I want a camera that can be a hiking/ travel/ landscape tool,  in addition to be able to take good portraits.  I am no wiz at editing raw files,  so excellent jpegs is definitely a big draw. I don't really care for diving deep down into menus,  so the Fuji controls are very appealing.  I love the ergonomics of the Ricoh,  and I find the old D40 cumbersome in how menu driven it is. However the old ccd sensor of the D40 is much superior to the Ricoh when it comes to colours, provided you have excellent light....

So to get to the point,  would the Fuji X system be a good foil to our needs? I was thinking to perhaps buy the new X-T3 with the kit lens and the 90/2 for portraits and telephoto landscape.  Should I consider other alternatives? I intend to keep using my Ricoh GR for street,  though the 90/2 is somewhat tempting for candid portraits,  even though some might frown upon that focal length for street...

Any advice would be deeply appreciated,  as you can see we don't buy cameras that often....

Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon D4 Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow