The main point that most people seem to miss with the new Z

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RaLuC
RaLuC Regular Member • Posts: 359
The main point that most people seem to miss with the new Z

After my first 'disappointment' about the new 'Z's' (some might remember my dedicated post on that), I completely changed my mind. I admit having been irritated by those doomsaying YT guys and also the idiotically huge hype which was around this system. As it turned out after the dust of the official announcement has settled, I am now a 100% interested and also convinced about the new Z- system. In fact I pre-ordered a Z7 together with the FTZ adapter and the free 64GB XQD Card.

But what I really think is, that most people completely miss the most important thing around the new Z and this s its huge mount, combined with the short flange distance.

Both is giving kind of a 'revolutionary' basis for absolutely superior and breathtaking lenses.

All people that have witnessed the few new S lenses report outstanding edge2edge sharpness and high resolution capabilities. And you have to bear in mind, that these are only some standard lenses to begin with.

The real monsters for this Mount will just apear next year, being the holy trinity for the Z-mount.

Imagine the image quality possible with this new mount on a 70-200 F2.8 with the advantage of edge to edge sharpness. Imagine the possibilities for Super Wide Angle 14-30 on that mount.

I am very convinced now, that all people that talk about the Z System in a negative way will very soon regret every single word when first full reviews arive and those lenses will hit the market.

Mark my words, the upcoming lens tests on Z-mount lenses will blow everything else out of the water.

And secondly, people seem to completely underestimate the FTZ adapter. This was THE reason to go Z already before the trinity in Z arives. It gives me full access with all the bells and wissles on my existing F-mount lenses and that is just plain awesome. It completes my D850 when walking dual cams and will be the basis for my future camera system.

As a side note, with the FTZ adapter, the legendary 24-70 without lens VR will transform into a 24-70 with IBIS, delivering the wish of so many: the superb 24-70 non-VR lens with now IBIS and thus VR.

To conclude, I am now more than convinced, that the Z system will be a historical success for Nikon.

RaLuC's gear list:RaLuC's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +4 more
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow