500 pf samples from me

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Lance B Forum Pro • Posts: 31,235
Re: 500 pf samples from me

OleThorsen wrote:

Thanks a lot for these super samples Lance.

Thank you very much Ole! 

These look plenty sharp for me. Only in a few situations the background look fuzzy like the fence behind the eagle, but that can also occur with other VR telephoto lenses. Unfortunately some of the in-camera settings got stripped by your Photoshop editing tool, like VR on/off, VR mode AF modes etc.

To be fair, the eagle shot was taken through mesh and would have made the boked nervous. The bokeh seems to be very good.

For the Peregrine Falcons, they were taken AF-C and Auto and VR was off on some but not all. The rest were generally taken with VR on, AF-C and single AF point.

Did you try it on your D500, and if you did, how did it perform AF/sharpness/contrast etc?

I have just got back today after a days photographing Sea Eagles and Kites in the wild swooping for fish. I did use the D500 for some of the photos so, I hope to post some thoughts on the AF ability of the D500 and the results.

Regards
Ole Thorsen
http://www.pbase.com/ole_thorsen
OMNISCIENCE
Knowing what
thou knowest not
is in a sense
omniscience.
(Grook by Piet Hein)

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow