Upgrade path

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
noneoftheabove Forum Member • Posts: 78
Upgrade path

I wasn't going to post anything about this, but it seems this forum is going through a phase obsessed with the future or M, and how R will replace it, and we're all doomed, etc.

Anyway, comments on the 'upgrade path' from APS-C to FF keep appearing, and I really dont understand what this is supposoed to mean.  Do folk genuinely buy a cheaper cropped-sensor and then aim to buy a FF when they have enough skill and cash, like the famed 'property ladder'?

I like cropped sensors, and for what i use them for I like the extra focal range and small body, so i dont really see a personal benfit to switching to FF.  Surely FF is an alternative technology that is better for some situations, but not others.

I appreciate that FF sensors cost more, but plenty of  professionsal use cropped sensors (not only Canon), what has the sensor size really got to do with an 'upgrade path'?

Sorry for the rant, but can we draw a line under the panicking about R, and get on with enjoying our brilliant cropped M cameras?

noneoftheabove's gear list:noneoftheabove's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow