Is a Higher End M Body Rumored to be Coming?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
davidgp
davidgp Contributing Member • Posts: 527
Is a Higher End M Body Rumored to be Coming?

OK, I know that no one knows whether Canon is going to let the "M" line die in favor of the new "R" series.

But, on the assumption that Canon still believes there's a market for cropped sensors, it seems that the M50 body (I believe this is the most recent "M", correct?) is distinctly entry level, and that the M series is crying out for a more capable body to serve as the flagship of the mirrorless crops.

Have there been any rumors to that effect?

I'm looking to upgrade my T2i body and I'd like to go a mirrorless, and there's a lot I like about the M50, but if I compare it to the DSLR crops, it seems more comparable to a T7 or T7i than it is to a 80D, let alone a 7D.  So more current in technology but not an upgrade in category.

Does this make sense?  Am I off-the-mark in my assessment of the M50?  Admittedly, I've just begun looking at it after a long period of being out of the market.

Thanks,

David

davidgp's gear list:davidgp's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow