TacticDesigns
TacticDesigns Veteran Member • Posts: 6,048
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Barry Pearson wrote:

TacticDesigns wrote:

Barry Pearson wrote:

Dale108 wrote:

Hi Barry:

For the benefit of Pentax I hope you come out of retirement temporarily to get them going in a good direction!

They don't need me! They "just" need organised common sense.

I used to work a lot facilitating/leading teams and workgroups. People (including me!) tend to have opinions that drive our wishful-thinking. That is fine until there is a conflict with (apparent) facts. At that point we either need to determine whether those really are "facts". Otherwise we end up wasting time, pursuing dead-ends and/or having unnecessary arguments.

In 2005 I summarised my way of trying to make constructive progress.
See the infogram below. I still use this method. Even here!

It is also worth noting well-known reminders to gather information:

"Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted"

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts".

"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong".

+1

I personally like the brain storming sessions.

Indeed! As I said in that method:

"What this also means is that it isn't wrong to start with an opinion instead of facts, as long as the whole model evolves. It is necessary to be willing to absorb extra or changed facts and analysis, and be prepared to revise one's opinions"

+1

I guess what I assume is that our perspective would be different than of someone inside Ricoh.

There would be facts that become apparent working inside a company that would probably not be intuitively guessed at outside.

Like, what is the corporate culture? What set of patents do they have access to? What suppliers are profitable to work with and what existing components can they supply?

Since I don't have access to that set of facts, I go by the facts I know.

I am a consumer and I have a set of wants / needs. This is how I look at equipment and decide what to buy.

I am basically a target market of one. LOL.

If someone paid me, then it would be my job to map out the different target markets and identify how to get to those target markets, and / or what type of products / solutions these various target markets might be game for.

Where you toss out ideas no matter how crazy.

And branch off into misc. ideas.

I assume Pentax is already doing the required work of deciding where they think the sales are, what solutions those customers might want and plotting a path to get from here to there.

I hope so.

+1

But that is their job.

For me, my job as a consumer is to decide whether I am going to buy a particular widget or not.

Take care & Happy Shooting!

-- hide signature --
 TacticDesigns's gear list:TacticDesigns's gear list
Fujifilm XP80 Nikon D5100 Pentax Q Nikon D750 Nikon D7000 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
K0d
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow