Z6 is the real surprise and one to get for most people

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ktmailserv New Member • Posts: 11
Z6 is the real surprise and one to get for most people

I think Z6 is the real surprise of the both cameras that were launched - Z6 and Z7. Z6 is the camera to get for most amateur photographers. Pros - sorry, this is not a launch for you.

Z6 is nearly identical to Z7 except for megapixels. it outdoes Z7 in FPS and low light sensitivity (ISO).

Z6 is almost certainly a better value. Z7 is priced out a bit higher. it should really have been at $3k...not more. I feel this was done to get it equivalent to D850 and not take away those who are still looking to plunk down $$ to get D850.

There appear to be a lot of folks disappointed in Z7 release. They were expecting a clear step up from D850 and a replacement to their pro DSLR. However, I do not believe Nikon is asking pros to switch to this. I don't believe that is what they were shooting for.

Remember, Nikon was under pressure to answer Sony and stop bleeding market share but not necessarily cannibalize their pro DSLR market. This latter thing will happen over time but Nikon can call those shots later. Z9 or the next version will start to stand out in its own right and will push the performance envelope that pros will be swayed to.

Casio Exilim EX-Z9 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
NCB
NCB
NCB
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow