Photos from Royal International Air Tattoo

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Barry Pearson
Barry Pearson Veteran Member • Posts: 8,490
Photos from Royal International Air Tattoo

The photos of aircraft will be uploaded in responses to this post.

When I've finished, I'll post a response "Technical information".

I posted a few photos in July:
A few RIAT photos from Saturday

I'm running out of time before another big airshow, so it's now or never.

RIAT claims to be the biggest airshow in the world. It probably is. I shot from a viewing area for photographers. It was perhaps a mile and a half from the airshow car-park I was directed to. There was a vast amount of booths, displays, static aircraft, and just hoards of people, in between.

My guess is that there were perhaps 100,000 people each day. (I was there on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th July). And perhaps 30,000 cars?  Without careful notes. you wouldn't find your car again!

The 2 mile runway was chosen as the emergency runway in case the Space Shuttle had to land in Europe. It was packed with viewing areas, with vast numbers of static planes on display.

The photos below are of just the yards around the viewing area where I was. Probably far less than 10% of the viewing areas along the runway

As I said, the aircraft photos will be uploaded in separate responses to this one.
If anyone wants more detail of those aircraft, just ask! I have plenty of information.
(Pentax K-1ii, D FA 150-450mm, etc).

To my left

Behind me

To my right

More to come ....

Barry Pearson's gear list:Barry Pearson's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Pentax K-3 II Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +22 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
K0d
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow