Perception and use of the current state of the art EVF

Started 6 days ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yardcoyote Forum Pro • Posts: 10,357
Perception and use of the current state of the art EVF

I never thought I would do this but here is a poll.  I don't have access to a lot of expensive state of the art mirrorless cameras, and I am sure the EVFs on my older models are much poorer than the current best of class.  So for all of you who have (or have tried and turned down)  the latest mirrorless offerings, what is your view of how the best EVFs are (or should) be seen and used?

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-M1 +14 more
POLL
The view through a state of the art modern EVF is indistinguishable from the view through the lens of a DSLR with a state of the art OVF.
6.5% 4  votes
The view through a state of the art modern EVF is perceptible as looking at a screen, and that is a good thing, because it allows a WYSIWYG view of the exposure before I take the shot,
37.1% 23  votes
The view through a state of the art modern EVF is perceptible as looking at a screen and it either does not bother me or is worth it for the advantages it offers,
25.8% 16  votes
The view through a state of the art modern EVF is perceptible as looking at a screen and I dislike it.
30.6% 19  votes
  Show results
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tex
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow