EOS R 24-105 f/4 - is it any good? Locked

Started Sep 12, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 5,158
EOS R 24-105 f/4 - is it any good?

So for me, as a Canon shooter, with existing EF lenses I am considering getting an EOS R even though its less than I hoped it would be.  I mean two card slots, IBIS,  and no crop to 4k would be nice but I've worked with Cameras like that.  Not as competitive as the Sony's I've been using but I am thinking of trying it out.

I do however want to try the new R 24-105mm f/4 since I sold my EF version long ago an never replaced it. Question is is it any good. Have not seen much on it at all. Most are focused on the 50mm f/1.2 and the 28-70 f/2 which I don't need and don't want (have the original 50L and the EF 24-70/2.8L II that work really well).

I know from personal use that the Sony G 24-105mm f/4 is a great lens and to me better than the original or even newer EF 24-105mm f/4L II. So how doe the RF version perform.
The price doesn't bother me. The Sony was $200 more.

If I bought an EOS R it would be the only native lens I would buy for now so I would really like to know.  If you've had any direct experience with it let us know what you think.

Steve W

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Fujifilm X-E3 Sony a7R III Canon EOS R Sony a7R IV +41 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow