Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Mark Ransom wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DS21 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Translation: anybody hoping for a K-3 II successor, don't, you got your KP, that should be enough for you. No more "flagship" APS-C body, we are going all FF.

That is not a translation. That is you expressing your own thoughts.

OTOH Ricoh Imaging said they're working on an APS-C flaghip... how, whom should I believe?

Alex

"Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development, very interesting and in 2 classes."

Are you saying Asahi Man is not to be believed?

Asahi man doesn't say anything about 'no more "flagship APS-C". I believe him (even though he's often cryptic), and I believe Ricoh.

I don't remember Pentax's exact wording on that statement. Did they say they were actually working on it, or simply investigating it?

I would rather not see too much behind the exact wording - at best what we have is a Japanese to English translation. But here are some examples:

"DE: So you are actively developing a new APS-C flagship.

TA: Yes."

"For the flagship APS-C model, we have just started to develop that."

That was at CP+ 2018. One year before:

"A successor to the K-3 II is being researched."

Source: various interviews.

Alex

There is the interview with a Ricoh/Pentax official in English, posted on the pentaxforums website, from last march CP+ 2018:

"....we are now starting to develop a new DSL which can be positioned as a successor to the K3 series...."

His words are clear, nothing lost or added in translation, because he is using his own English words: they were starting on the development of such a body last march. If almost all of Pentax's development power is at this moment going to FF (bodies and lenses), then it it fairly easy to do the maths on the fate of the APSC K3 successor, at least to my eyes.

Chris

Chris Mak's gear list:Chris Mak's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Sony a7R II Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 400mm F4 DO IS II USM Zeiss Loxia 35 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
K0d
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow