K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark Ransom
Mark Ransom Veteran Member • Posts: 5,719
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Anders_Nilsson wrote:

I guess I was lucky to buy in June a near mint looking K-3 with only 10500 actuations (unless a service center has reset the shuttercount EXIF value). For sure I will never buy Pentax FF. My a99i is all FF I need, as are my Minolta lenses. I was actually going to buy a Nikon D300s instead of the K-3 but after holding the beast with a lens mounted I quickly picked up a K-3 instead and bought it. So far I don't regret that decision.

My beef with MILC FF is the price level. 2-3 grand for a body and then lenses on top of that which are ludicrously overpriced. I will never ever pay Sony FE prices no matter what the performance.

Sony has avoided upgrading their APS-C line in both A and F mount, lets see how long that works. Ripping the innards from Sony a6500 would have gone a long way to at least avoid Pentax losing face with a K-3iii. I consider this MILC FF thing a hyped fad which will eventually level out. Not that it will go away but people are eventually going to calm down and start looking at APS-C again.

The problem is that everybody else is following the same strategy. APS-C gets no respect whatsoever. You can't buy APS-C if nobody makes it - Fuji may be the last man standing.

Mark Ransom's gear list:Mark Ransom's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-01 Olympus E-M5 II Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
K0d
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow