K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders_Nilsson Contributing Member • Posts: 557
Re: K-mount adapters for Pentax new-mount cameras

DS21 wrote:

johnami wrote:

DS21 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

Currently nearly all the development power is going into K fullframe SLR.

Body and lens development,very interesting and in 2 classes.

But, SLR!!

Best regards

Translation: anybody hoping for a K-3 II successor, don't, you got your KP, that should be enough for you. No more "flagship" APS-C body, we are going all FF.

'Nearly all'.........................isn't all...................So a KP2 is a possibility perhaps.

Another take: when Ricoh said "KP is not a K-3 II replacement", they left out a second part of the sentence "there is not, nor it will be, the K-3 line replacement, we are moving in a different direction".

So, the KP II perhaps, but no more PLM lenses, or limiteds, or DA 16-50 or 50-135 line updates, they are all shelved and not a priority.

I guess I was lucky to buy in June a near mint looking K-3 with only 10500 actuations (unless a service center has reset the shuttercount EXIF value). For sure I will never buy Pentax FF. My a99i is all FF I need, as are my Minolta lenses. I was actually going to buy a Nikon D300s instead of the K-3 but after holding the beast with a lens mounted I quickly picked up a K-3 instead and bought it. So far I don't regret that decision.

My beef with MILC FF is the price level. 2-3 grand for a body and then lenses on top of that which are ludicrously overpriced. I will never ever pay Sony FE prices no matter what the performance.

Sony has avoided upgrading their APS-C line in both A and F mount, lets see how long that works. Ripping the innards from Sony a6500 would have gone a long way to at least avoid Pentax losing face with a K-3iii. I consider this MILC FF thing a hyped fad which will eventually level out. Not that it will go away but people are eventually going to calm down and start looking at APS-C again.

Anders_Nilsson's gear list:Anders_Nilsson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Casio Exilim EX-10 Casio Exilim EX-100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha a99 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
K0d
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow