Resurrecting My Photography--Lenses and Software Advice

Started Sep 10, 2018 | Discussions thread
greenmanphoto Senior Member • Posts: 2,909
Re: Resurrecting My Photography--Lenses and Software Advice

skylon wrote:

Thank you, Sam! Capture NX was great (is still great), but the last generation that it worked for editing RAW files was with the D700. I think every Nikon DSLR post that time was no longer handled by Capture NX.

I will DEFINITELY look at the Tamron!

Skylon,

You're welcome!

As for Capture, as someone else stated, and as I indicated, you would want to look at Capture NX-D, and NOT the older versions of NX, if you opt for Nikon's software. I've heard that Photo Ninja, one of the programs I listed, is regarded as having pretty true color rendition for Nikon NEF files. That's one of the reasons I'm wanting to try it, myself. Others have varying degrees of true rendition to Nikon's own colors, with many saying that Adobe's is one of the worse ones. Not THE worst, by far, but also not the best.

At this point, I use Lightroom Version 6, but am looking for a new program, as well. Photo Ninja, Capture One, and DxO are the top ones on my list.

Sam

-- hide signature --

Sam B.
D200, 16-85mm, 35-135mm, Sigma 10-20 f3.5 N8008s, Gitzo 2531, Induro DM-01 ballhead
Certified Texas Master Naturalist
Proud WSSA Member #260!
www.flickr.com/photos/sibeardjr
www.doormouse-editions.com

greenmanphoto's gear list:greenmanphoto's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow